[corrigenda: things to be corrected, addenda: things to be added …]
A few errors crept into the manuscript; the ones found so far are listed below together with additions that should have been included in the original; issues identified in a particular version should be duly resolved in all later versions Print on demand is very convenient in that we can make changes fairly easily — when buying a new copy through Amazon, say, it will be the latest version. So this page will maintain a record of differences between versions (most recent first). If you spot other mistakes, then please get in touch.
Version 1.0.2 (Paperback and e-book)
- p. 272 [Chapter 14]: Anita was not present at the hospice with Vajira. It was someone else.
Version 1.0.1 (Paperback only)
- p. 322 [Glossary]: ‘Feburary’ -> ‘February’
- p. 265 [Chapter 14] “Chris Lawson, who was Director” -> “Chris Lawson, the senior tutor who organised the course”
Broken web links
Change of domain:
Life and Times of Luang Phaw Wat Paknam
Second to None: The Biography of Khun Yay Maha¬ratana Upasika Chandra Khon-nok-yoong,
Visuddhivācā, Translation of Morradok Dhamma (Dhamma Heritage) of Luang Phaw Wat Pak Nam Phramongkolthepmuni
Mahabharat Indian TV series
European Network of Buddhist-Christian Studies website
Typographical issues in the Index
The entries should be as follows:
- p. 330 Bodhiphala, Tewee [no Khun needed]
- p. 335, 337, 339 Instances of [cN] should be deleted (they indicate chapter references and are meant to be used only in the glossary).
- p. 337 samma arahaṃ , Sarayutpitag, Capt. Luang’s army career [no capitals]
First Published Version, released 13 April 2016 (not numbered)
- [Acknowledgements]: p. xv: I should have included Somdet Chuang, the present Abbot of Wat Paknam, in the list of senior monastic figures.
- p. 69 [Chapter 4]: “the cession of dukkha” -> “the cessation of dukkha”
- p. 88 [Chapter 6]: “enamoured by” -> “enamoured of”